Sunday, September 27, 2009

fresh smell not so fresh

crushed coffee beans and nicotine
makes your lungs burn black
smell is good, health is not
why do such a thing to yourself?
use it as a cute little crutch
"because it releaves my stress"
good while you're having a smoke break
inhaling deep into a buzzed unconsious
feeling shitty the moment to squash that little butt
sparks fly and maybe you realize...
why the fuck do I do this?
because I'm young and look and sound just like them...
Bob Dylan, Andy Warhol, dear Janis Joplin
it's good for now, like a tattoo
cute and individual at age 18
old, wrinkly, and fallen at 59
I hope you learn your lesson, dear self
that it doesn't matter who you look like
flalling that stick in the air with graceful wisps of smokey air
reminding you about the life of a parisian girl

THE END!

1 comment:

  1. love it.

    and it rings true. GOD it pisses me off how EVERYONE at my school smokes, and i don't mean like a few cigarettes a week im talking a pack a day shit. young people are sooo ugh sometimes

    ReplyDelete