Monday, June 15, 2009

Guitar strums in my ear, more importantly my pysche

A song
a beat
a thump
a pluck
a verse
a word
a phrase
a thought
a question:
running, running
deep through the coils of my brain
passing through ateries
challenging my heart
really really too much
but really really
intruiging
what does that one question do?
evoke pain, memories, and reality?
or does it allow reflection
so neccessary to understand
experiences once uncomprehendible
thumping, beating, asking
for the answer!
am i jumping or am i falling?
jumping or crashing?
it's up to you
and the given point in time
Thank you.

This question just popped up spamming, "Do you smell like Edward Cullen?" Haha I am laughing so much right now. Can anyone tell me when Twilight won't rule the world? It total shit, it gives fiction, especially "magic" fiction a terrible name. Don't talk to me if you want to compare it with the likes of Harry Potter, seriously.
I just wrote this poem, and it's something that was constantly on my mind last night. I don't believe I've done the thought justice, but I will explain when I believe I can. Profound thoughts aren't easiler communicated. This makes me think of one of my favorite books: Siddartha by Herman Heisse. The title character spends his whole life trying to figure out the way of Enlightenment and such. He wants to learn through ascetism, the Buddha, and through love of other people. He ultimately learns when he sits in front of the river and reflects inward on his whole journey. He discovers that one can only understand themselves and that knowledge and WISDOM are rarely communicated; one learns on their own means, and it's a large task to evoke it upon someone else. You may preach, but the full ideal probably is not fully felt. On a personal level atleast.
So there are some thoughts. For now, I'd like to go into Entertainment really quickly. I went to B&N yesterday about a job opportunity, and created a huge book, dvd, and music wishlist. It was a good time : )
Either way, I've learned that there is endless knowledge, and endless ways to happiness: may it be music, literature, verses, or photos (moving or still). People just need to learn their own ways of obtaining it. This is from a liberal arts mind standpoint. This is solely how I feel, but I'm sure many other agree. I'm done, here's to my longest post! Err I just woke up, this is pathetic. Coffee and music is a great thing, you know what I mean.

Currently listening to: Just the Past by Peter Bjorn and John
Ironic title? Haaa
Here's an image that I forgot last post:

Salamanca

I miss this place tremendously, it was my home for nearly three weeks. Salamanca, Espana. It is so historically enriched, beautiful, and the people, food, style, and culture are stunning. That is all!

It's just the inevitable poet in me, cannot hide it.

No comments:

Post a Comment